This bulletin applies to certain 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango vehicles, built on or after Nov. 29, 2016 (MDH 1129XX), and on or before Nov. 30, 2016 (MDH 1130XX), and involves replacement of the stop lamp sensor.
The customer may experience a momentary delay in rear stop lamp activation when applying the brake pedal. Some vehicles may have had the incorrect stop lamp sensor installed.
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Remove the push pins for the silencer pas from the steering column and disconnect the electrical connector for the light from the pad.
3. Locate the stop lamp sensor on the brake pedal support bracket under the instrument panel.
4. Disconnect the electrical wire harness connector from the sensor.
5. Remove the sensor by turning it counter-clockwise ¼ turn from the brake pedal support bracket.
6. Discard the old sensor P/N 68236598AA (do not re-use)
The correct stop lamp sensor is available as P/N 68078700AE.
Note: The two stop map sensors look visually identical except for the stamped part number.
Sign up for a FREE subscription to Auto Service Professional magazineSubscribe