This bulletin applies to 2009-2011 Mazda6 vehicles produced before April 26, 2011. Some vehicles may exhibit a click or pop noise from the front brakes during slow speed braking. The noise may occur while the vehicle is moving forward or backward. The noise may be caused by the front brake pads contacting the mounting support. A specialized grease may be applied to the front brake pads and retainers to eliminate this noise.
1. Verify the customer concern.
2. Remove the front brake pads according to the workshop manual or online instructions on MS3 (section 04-11 DISC PAD (FRONT REPLACEMENT).
3. Apply grease P/N 0000-77-0834-TB to the areas shown below.
4. Apply grease behind the retainer as shown below. Make sure that the grease is not applied to the friction surface of the disc and/or brake pad.
5. Reinstall the front brake pads and verify the repair. Be sure to install new guide pins and pin boots.
Note: This warranty information applies only to verified customer complaints on vehicles eligible for warranty repair. Additional diagnostic time cannot be claimed for this repair.
P/N DESCRIPTION QTY
0000-77-0834-TB Grease 1
B25D-33-692 Boot, Guide pin 1
Sign up for a FREE subscription to Auto Service Professional magazineSubscribe