A clicking noise has been reported coming from the rear axles during take-off/acceleration on 2004-2011 Nissan Armada vehicles built before Aug. 14, 2010.
- Remove both rear axle hubs. Refer to the RAX section of the service manual.
- Clean all dirt and foreign material from both axle shaft-to-bearing mating surfaces.
- Apply a minimum of 1.0g of Molykote M77 grease (P/N 44003-7S000CM) to the axle hub bearing surfaces, in an even coating, where the bearing surface contacts the rear axle.
- Re-install the rear axle hubs, using new bolts (P/N and using a new torque specification of 152 – 160 ft.-lb. for the rear axle nuts.
- Test drive to confirm the incident is resolved.
Bolt (rear hub)……….P/N 43083-7S010…………quantity 8
Bolt (rear innder axle flange)….P/N 38102-80X00…..quantity 12
Molykote M77 grease……….P/N 44003-7S---CM
Sign up for a FREE subscription to Auto Service Professional magazineSubscribe