Some owners of 2012 Fiat 500 vehicles may complain about intermittent horn actuation or a sticking horn, or a horn that activates on its own. This TSB applies to vehicles built with a rear window wiper/washer and instrument panel parts module, and without speed control, built before May 2, 2012.
- Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable. Wait two minutes for the system capacitor to discharge.
- Remove the driver-side air bag DAB. Refer to the detailed removal procedures available in DealerCONNECT > TechCONNECT under: Service Info > 10 – Restraints > Air Bag, Driver > Removal.
- Locate the two horn wires.
- Move the top wire (this goes to the black plastic housing) from position 3 to position 4 at the black plastic housing. Move the bottom wire (this goes to the metal tab) from position 5 to position 6.
- Install the driver air bag.
Note the upper wire (1) and bottom wire (2).
Move the top wire from position 3 to position 4 as shown.
Move the bottom wire from position 5 to position 6 as shown.