The following Mitsubishi misfire DTCs can be set due to fuel aeration caused by low fuel level.
* P0300 (random/multiple cylinder misfire detected)
* P0301 (Cylinder 1 misfire detected)
* P0302 (Cylinder 2 misfire detected)
* P0303 (Cylinder 3 misfire detected)
* P0304 (Cylinder 4 misfire detected)
* P0305 (Cylinder 5 misfire detected)
* P0306 (Cylinder 6 misfire detected)
All 1995 and later Mitsubishi powertrain models with On-Board Diagnostics are capable of setting these misfire DTCs.
Add the following information to DTCs P0300 through P0306 diagnosis procedures:
Fuel aeration due to low fuel level (most likely causes)
- Ignition system related part(s) failed
- Poor crankshaft position sensor
- Incorrect air/fuel ratio
- Low compression pressure
- Skipping of timing belt teeth
- EGR system and EGR calve failed
- PCM failed
To prevent damage to scan tool MB991958, always turn the ignition switch to the “LOCK” (OFF) position before connecting or disconnecting the scan tool.