Some vehicles (2007-2011 GS350, GS450H, GS460; 2006-2012 IS F, IS250, IS250C, IS350, IS350C; and 2007-2012 LS460 and LS600H) may experience a condition where the HVAC system operation is delayed for the first few seconds after start up and the HVAC system resets to 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
This condition may be caused by a damaged air inlet door servo linkage. A new part kit and service procedure has been developed to address this condition. Note that the air inlet door servo linkage may be damaged if the cabin air filter is improperly installed.
PARTS INFORMATION, DAMPER ASSEMBLY
MODEL INLET DOOR PART NO.
- Remove the air conditioning unit.
- Remove the blower assembly (LS 460/600h only).
- Remove the upper portion of the blower motor housing by removing the retaining screws.
- Remove the foam around the HVAC air inlet.
- Release the clips securing the upper portion of the blower motor housing to the bottom portion.
- Separate the upper portion of the blower motor housing by removing the retaining screws and clip.
- Install the new air inlet door.
- Install the new foam around the HVAC air inlet.
- Reattach the upper blower motor housing to the lower housing.
- Reattach the blower motor housing to the HVAC box.
- Reinstall the air conditioning unit and verify normal operation.
Sign up for a FREE subscription to Auto Service Professional magazineSubscribe