OTC, a Bosch Group brand, has unveiled its North American line of Best Forged Hammers (B.F.H.) that features an indestructible steel rod core rubber handle and drop-forged, induction-hardened head for extended life. Specially bonded steel locking plates eliminate any loosening of the hammer head, ensuring a secure fit and confident swing.
“With the new OTC hammer line, we are pairing unrivaled forged steel with a lifetime handle to offer the best automotive, tire service, construction, industrial, and general use hammers available,” says Rob Kochie, OTC product manager. “Each head is hand-forged, designed for the specific applications that service professionals face daily. Our hammers range from the standard sledge to ball peen, cross peen and specialty tire service.”
All OTC hammers feature a lifetime steel rod core rubber handle with increased impact and anti-vibration resistance.
The B.F.H. line includes:
- Double face sledge hammers, available in 6-, 8-, 10-, 12-, and 14-lb. weights with handle lengths of 24 inches and 30 inches.
- Club/hand drill hammer, available in 2.5- or 4-lb. weights with handle lengths of 12 inches and 16 inches.
- Cross peen hammer, available in 2- and 3-lb. weight with handle length of 16 inches.
- Ball peen hammer, available in 24- or 32-oz. weight with handle length of 14 inches.
- Tire service hammer, available in 5- or 10-lb. weight with handle lengths of 20 inches and 32 inches, respectively.
“We listened to what service professionals need and want, and then built it – a simple, yet tough hammer that is reliable and long-lasting,” Kochie says.
The Best Forged Hammer line of sledgehammers is available now, with Tire Service Hammers debuting in September.
More information on OTC tools can be found online at www.OTCTools.com.
Sign up for a FREE subscription to Auto Service Professional magazineSubscribe