Some 2010-2012 Mazda3 vehicles may experience an MIL on with one or more of the following DTCs stored in memory:
- C0051;2F (BCM)…….Erratic signal from the steering angle sensor
- C1938 (EHPAS)………Signal error from the BCM
- U0422:00 (DSC)………Abnormal message from BCM
- U0428 (DSC)………….Abnormal message from BCM
If U0428 is stored, the MIL will return every time the ignition is switched on. Without U0428, the MIL turns on intermittently every time the ignition is switched on.
- Verify the customer concern.
- Replace the steering angle sensor with a new one. Refer to MS3 online instructions or workshop manual section 09-18.
- Turn the ignition switch ON.
- Perform the following steps and verify that the MIL does not turn on:
- Align the steering wheel to the center.
- Within 5 to 10 seconds, turn the steering wheel completely to the right and then completely to the left, then return to center.
- Within 1 to 2 seconds, turn the steering wheel completely to the right, then completely to the left, then back to center.
- Repeat steps b. and c. one more time.
- Verify that the MIL does not turn on.
STEERING ANGLE SENSOR P/N…..BBM2-66-1S1