This TSB applies to 2010-2012 Jaguar XJ vehicles. The power steering system performance may not be as expected at low vehicle speed with DTC B12FB-12 stored in the body control module. This may be caused by software strategy in the BCM.
Required tools include IDS with the latest IDS-DVD and calibration file, first available on IDS-DVD131.01 calibration file 107, and a Jaguar-approved Midtronics Vehicle Power Supply.
CAUTION: Ensure that all ignition ON/OFF requests are carried out. Failure to perform these steps may cause damage to control modules. A Midtronics Vehicle Power Supply must be connected to the vehicle battery during IDS diagnosis/module programming.
- Connect the Midtronics Vehicle Power Supply to the vehicle battery.
- Turn the ignition ON (engine not running).
- Connect the IDS to the vehicle and begin a new Symptom Driven Diagnostics (SDD) session.
- Follow all screen prompts, allowing SDD to read the VIN and identify the vehicle.
- From the Session Type selection screen, choose “Diagnosis.”
- Select the “Selected Symptoms” tab, and then select Chassis>Steering system>Steering system symptoms>Steering too heavy.
- Select “Continue.”
- Select the “Recommendations” tab.
- From the Recommendations tab, select “Run” to configure existing module – body control module.
- Follow all on-screen instructions to complete this task.
- Exit the current session.
- Disconnect the IDS and the Midtronics power supply from the vehicle.