This bulletin refers to 2009 Honda Pilot models equipped with a power moon roof. When using the one-touch close feature, the moonroof may partially close, then re-open. The possible cause is that the learned data has been lost or corrupted.
1. Close all doors and tailgate.
2. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK.
3. Press and hold the center of the moonroof switch (tilt) and turn the ignition switch to ON.
4. Release the moonroof switch and turn the ignition switch to LOCK.
5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 four more times.
6. Turn the ignition switch to ON.
7. Push and hold the moonroof switch forward (closed) until the monroof moves to the hard stop (full tilt open) position and backs up slightly. Within 5 seconds, release the moonroof switch, then push and hold it in the forward (closed) position again.
8. Continue holding the moonroof switch forward until the moonroof moves to the full slide open position and then back to the full slide closed position. NOTE: Make sure to hold the moonroof switch in the forward (closed) position throughout the moonroof’s travel. If you release the switch too soon, you’ll need to repeat Steps 3 through 8.
9. Make sure that the one-touch feature works in the open, close and tilt positions.