An owner of a 2006-2010 Cadillac DTS may comment that a STABILITRAK NOT READY message is displayed on the DIC.
Perform a diagnostic system check. If DTCs are stored, follow the appropriate diagnostic procedures. If no DTCs are stored, continue with this bulletin.
1. Read the Brake Pressure Sensor Input with the Tech2, in the VSES Data Display while the brake pedal is NOT applied. If the Brake Pressure Sensor Input reading is less than 0.7V, question the customer regarding the circumstance in which the message appears. Some driving conditions can cause the STABILITRAK NOT READY message (for example, driving in reverse for extended periods immediately following startup). If the sensor input reading is 0.7V or higher, proceed to Step 2.
2. Replace the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) using the proper repair and programming setup instructions.
3. Read the Brake Pressure Sensor Input with the Tech2 in the VSES Data Display while the brake pedal is NOT applied. If voltage reads less than 0.7V, the concern has been resolved. If voltage still reads 0.7V or higher, proceed to Step 4.
4. Replace the Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV) and proceed to Step 5.
5. Read the Brake Pressure Sensor Input with the brake pedal not applied. If voltage reads less than 0.7V the concern is resolved. If voltage still reads 0.7V or higher, contact GM’s Technical Assistance (TAC).
Sign up for a FREE subscription to Auto Service Professional magazineSubscribe