A 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth may experience a MIL illumination along with code P1CEA (Boost Side EVAP Purge System Performance) set active or stored. This applies to vehicles equipped with a 1.4L turbo engine built before April 25, 2012.
The condition may be caused by the tee in the boost vacuum purge harness being installed backwards. If the MIL is set active or stored, perform the following diagnostic procedure.
1. Remove the engine cover.
2. Shine a light on the boost vacuum purge harness tee (Figure 1).
3. Inspect the tee in the boost vacuum purge harness. It may be necessary to use a magnifying glass to see the markings in the next step.
4. If you see a “D” and “1” on the tee as you look at the tee from the front of the engine, refer to the appropriate diagnostic procedures in DealerCONNECT/TechCONNECT to diagnose the condition. If you do NOT see these markings, perform the following repair procedure.
1. Place the vehicle on a hoist.
2. Remove the lower splash shield.
3. Remove the clamp on the boost vacuum purge harness and disconnect.
4, Disengage the one retainer at the bottom.
5. Remove the quick connect at the tee.
6. Disengage the four retainers on top.
7. Replace the boost vacuum purge harness.
8. Turn the ignition to the ON position.
9. Using wiTECH at the home screen, select PCM.
10. Using wiTECH, clear any DTCs that may have been set in all modules.
A new boost vacuum purge harness is available as P/N 04627485AC.