Jaguar Is Knocking
This bulletin applies to 2010 and later Jaguar XK 5.0L supercharged vehicles. At approximately 1200 to 1500 rpm, and while under a moderate load, the engine may exhibit an audible detonation. This may be caused by an EMS calibration error.
1. Connect the Jaguar Land Rover approved Midtronics vehicle power supply to the vehicle battery.
2. Turn the ignition on but do not start the engine.
3. Connect the IDS (integrated diagnostic system) to the vehicle and begin a new symptom driven diagnostics (SDD) session.
4. Follow the on-screen prompts, allowing SDD to read the VIN and identify the vehicle.
5. Select “diagnosis” from the session type screen.
6. Select the “selected symptoms” tab and then select powertrain-engine system-engine performance-noises-under load.
7. Select the Recommendations tab
8. Select continue
9. Select run to perform the configure existing module-powertrain front control module option.
10. Follow all on-screen prompts to complete the task.
11. Exit the session and disconnect the IDS and the power supply.