Expand the Inspection on These Buick Codes
This bulletin applies to 2016-2017 Buck Cascada, 2013-2017 Encore, 2010-2016 LaCrosse, 2011-2017 Regal and 2012-2017 Verano vehicles. The MIL may be on accompanied by DTC U0101 as current or in history.
Investigation of several recent vehicles setting this DTC has shown that this condition is frequently caused by issues other than the control solenoid/module assembly (TEHCM). Prior to replacing any parts, several areas should be inspected:
- Transmission connector pins for damaged terminals or poor terminal fit.
- Underhood fuse block for damaged terminals/poor terminal fit and mis-positioned fuses.
- TCM ground. Refer to automatic transmission controls schematics to determine the ground identification (G106, G107, etc.), then the master electrical component list to determine ground location.
- Powers and grounds should always be load checked to make sure the circuits are able to work properly.
- Check the harness for rubbing through on ay sharp objects, mainly on top of the transmission where a harness can contact a sharp edge on the engine block.
ART: BUICK (courtesy GM)