Auto Value and Bumper to Bumper Technicians Advance to Las Vegas
Eleven technicians competed last week in Detroit, Mich., to be named the 2022 Auto Value and Bumper to Bumper Technician of the Year hosted by DRiV and Garage Gurus.
Nominated by their local warehouse distributor, the technicians arrived in Detroit to compete against each other by completing a custom ASE test. The technicians answered 100 questions in 90 minutes, vying for the ultimate title, trophy and award’s ceremony during the 2022 Aftermarket Jackpot Convention in Las Vegas.
The 2022 U.S. Auto Value and Bumper to Bumper Technician of the Year Finalists include:
• Daniel Barrion; Ace Auto Repair & Tire; San Ramon, Calif.; Trimon, Inc.
• Rafael Borja; Robertson Automotive; Tyler, Texas; ABC Auto Parts, Ltd.
• Chris Broom; BroomAuto; Ruston, La.; Parts Warehouse, Inc.
• Jack Byers; Graham Tire; Worthington, Minn.; Merrill Company
• Phil Clark; Barnes Auto Service; Louisville, Ky.; Moog Louisville Warehouse
• Ross Colket; Colket Technical; Lansdale, Pa.; Eastern Warehouse Distributors, LLC.
• John Kincaid; Grainger Automotive, LLC; Bean Station, Tenn.; Hahn Automotive Warehouse
• Vernon McCann; The McCannic Shop; Evant, Texas; 4M Parts Warehouse
• Greg Mertz; Len’s Auto Repair; Cottleville, Mo.; All Car Automotive Warehouse, Inc.
• Joe Stewart; The Brighton Garage; Brighton, Mich.; Auto-Wares Group of Companies
• Bart Woyczik; Fred’s Brake and Alignment; La Crosse, Wis.; Automotive Parts Headquarters, Inc.
“This trip has made me appreciate my affiliation with Auto Value and the Alliance on a higher level,” says Ross Colket, 2022 technician finalist and owner of Colket Technical in Lansdale, Pa., a customer of Eastern Warehouse Distributors.
“I have already made plans with one of my technicians for him to run for 2023 Technician of the Year!”
Fellow finalist Phil Clark from Barnes Auto Service in Louisville, Ky., agrees that “it was an honor to be recognized.” Clark is a customer of Moog Louisville Warehouse.
Technician of the Year winner will be announced on stage at the Jackpot Convention in Las Vegas during Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX).
“We really wanted to build the suspense of the moment and keeping the secret of the reveal was important,” says JC Washbish, vice president of sales and marketing for the Alliance.
“Our Technician of the Year finalists will lead more than 3,000 technicians and shop owners during the Jackpot Convention and we couldn’t be more honored to have them represent us.