Ford Fuel Tube Is Knocking
Some 2015-2016 Ford Edge vehicles equipped with a 2.7L EcoBoost engine and built on Oct. 29, 2015, through April 1, 2016, may exhibit a knocking/tapping noise that can be heard in the fuel feed tube that attaches to the high pressure fuel pump on the engine.
This may be due to a loose check valve located in the fuel feed tube.
- Inspect the clamp on the fuel feed tube. Can the clamp be rotated by hand on the feed tube? If yes, replace the fuel feed tube and vapor tube.
- Release the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- If equipped, remove the two retainers and remove the engine appearance cover.
- Remove the right hand air cleaner outlet pipe.
- If equipped remove the retainers and the floor pan underbody shields.
- Remove the retainers and the front crossmember brace.
- Disconnect the fuel feed tube-to-fuel tank and vapor tube quick release couplings.
- Remove and discard the fuel feed tube, vapor tube and eight mounting brackets. It is not necessary to remove the two brake lines.
- On the new fuel/brake line bundle, remove and discard the two brake lines from the fuel/brake line bundle.
- Install the new fuel feed tube, vapor tube and eight mounting brackets.
- Continue with re-assembly.