Technical Service Bulletins

Battery Killed the Radio Star

Order Reprints
Battery Killed the Radio Star

This bulletin applies to a host of 2008-2009 Chrysler vehicles, including the Jeep Liberty, equipped with the MyGig radio (sales code REN or REZ).

When performing repairs that require battery cable removal, the feed fuse for the radio (30 amp) must be removed prior to disconnecting or reconnecting the battery. Disconnecting or reconnecting that battery can cause electrical spikes that may damage the MyGig – REN or REZ radio.

Removal of the fuse will prevent this from occurring.

Related Articles

Oil Killed the Generator

TCM killed by jump-start

Starter Killed by Dipstick?

You must login or register in order to post a comment.