Ford GTDI MIL
Some 2011-2013 Ford F-150 vehicles built on or before Feb. 15, 2013, and equipped with a 3.5L GTDI (gasoline turbocharged direct injection) engine may exhibit an intermittent MIL with one or more of the following DTCs: P0236, P0238, P025E and/or P007D.
1. Using IDS (integrated diagnostic system), retrieve DTCs.
2. If any of the aforementioned DTCs are present, proceed to Step 3. If not, refer to the powertrain control/emissions diagnosis manual.
3. Inspect for a damaged wiring harness at the turbocharger boost sensor connector C1588, inspecting for cracks on the wiring insulation.
4. If damage is found, install a connector pigtail. Refer to splicing methods in wiring diagram, section 5-1.
5. Using electrical tape, retain the harness to the connector shell. The pigtail is available as P/N 3U2Z-14S411-SPC.