No 4WD in Ram
This bulletin applies to 2011-2012 Dodge Ram pickups, equipped with an electronic transfer case, where the Service 4WD light is illuminated and DTC C2201 is set. When the system detects this DTC, it shuts down the 4WD capability for the remainder of the drive cycle.
This condition is not monitored when operating in 2WD mode. Updating the DTCM software will correct the condition.
1. Connect wiTECH to the vehicle.
2. Place the ignition switch in the run position.
3. Select DTCM.
4. Select Data tab.
5. Scroll down to “DTCM Internal DTC Reason.”
6. Does DTCM Internal Reason read “Task Failure”? If yes, proceed to Step 7. If not, proceed with further diagnostics.
NOTE: Install a battery charger to ensure that battery voltage does not drop below 13.2 volts or above 13.5 volts during the flash process.
7. Reprogram the DTCM with the latest software.
8. After reprogramming, clear any DTCs that may have set in other modules.
9. Type the necessary information on an Authorized Modification Label and attach it near the VECI label.