Blame the Honda Switch
This bulletin applies to 2009-2011 Honda Ridgeline models. With a normal engine oil level, a “check engine oil level” message may appear on the MID or the navigation screen. The low oil pressure indicator on the instrument panel may also be on.
The probable cause is a faulty oil pressure switch. The new switch is available as P/N 37240-R72-A01. The O-ring is P/N 91319-R70-A01.
1. Start the engine and turn the steering wheel fully to the right and shut the engine off.
2. Raise the vehicle on a hoist.
3. For easier removal of the engine oil pressure switch, disconnect the rocker arm oil pressure switch connector.
4. Disconnect the engine oil pressure switch connector and remove the pressure switch.
5. Remove any liquid gasket from in or around the switch hole.
6. Apply a very thin layer of liquid gasket to the threads of the new switch and install a new O-ring. Install the new switch, torquing to 13 ft.-lbs.
7. Reconnect the engine oil pressure switch connector and the rocker arm oil pressure switch connector.