WIX Filters launches XP line of high premium oil filters
WIX Filters, a member of the Affinia Group family of brands, has launched a new XP line of high premium oil filters engineered to withstand the toughest of driving conditions and scientifically designed to maximize the performance of synthetic motor oils, notes WIX.
“XP filters provide optimum protection for the increased demands on today’s vehicles,” says Donald Chilton, North American product development manager at WIX Filters. “Heavy loads, towing, high-idling city driving and severe driving conditions are no match for the enhanced durability of XP.”
XP, the third oil filter line manufactured by WIX, is available through independent auto parts dealers and warehouse distributors. According to Chilton, XP filters are ideal for vehicles subject to:
- towing trailers, boats and heavy equipment;
- high idling conditions in stop-and-go city driving;
- harsh driving environments, such as dusty and muddy roads and extremely high temperatures.
Premium oil filters such as XP provide several benefits, including:
- wire-backed, fully synthetic media traps more dirt, dust and grime;
- greater resistance to hardening and cracking due to silicone anti-drain-back valve.
“Oil is the life-blood of an engine, which means the oil filter should never be taken for granted, especially in harsh environments,” Chilton says. “The small price maintenance teams must pay for premium filters is well worth the cost when you consider the benefit and components of premium products.”