OTC launches wireless OBD- II dongle tire pressure monitoring system device
OTC, a Bosch Automotive Service Solutions brand, has introduced an all-in-one tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) tool with wireless OBDII dongle, activation and relearn capabilities.
The company says it is the industry’s first wireless OBD-II module for TPMS sensor registration. The device has key fob signal test and infrared print capabilities and includes three years of software updates.
“The OTC 3838 is one of the most intuitive and easy to navigate TPMS reset tools on the market, providing an extensive list of relevant features for today’s technician,” says Debo Sadare, OTC Article manager.
“Our standalone, next-generation TPMS tool will save automotive repair shops valuable time by combining steps and offering near-universal vehicle coverage for most OEM’s. The 3838 also allows for cloning of universal sensors.”
OTC 3838 tool features include:
* large 3.5-inch high- resolution display featuring easy- to -read icons;
* wireless OBD-II module to initiate and perform relearn procedures;
* read diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) DTC’s from the TPMS module;
* SD card for vehicle history storage;
* USB for software updates;
* RJ 45 connection capability to the OBD II module for firmware upgrade;
* infrared print capability;
* integrated key fob testing; and
* rugged enclosure with rubber surround for durability.
The company says the addition of key fob signal test capabilities allows technicians to test signal strength on key fobs. The test capabilities can help technicians diagnose whether a fob’s battery needs replacing or if there is a deeper issue with the fob or vehicle.
The OTC 3838 TPMS tool is available now through OTC’s traditional distribution methods. For more information on OTC tools, visit www.OTCTools.com.