Fixing a funny Dodge fuel gauge
Owners of 2007-2010 Dodge Calibers (FWD only), Compass and Patriot (FWD only) may complain about an inaccurate or fluctuating fuel gauge at ¾-tank or above.
The fix involves replacing the fuel sending unit, clocking the fuel module and installing a fuel jumper hose.
Fuel sending unit kit w/fuel line adapter (built before 3-1-10)…….68078218AB
Fuel sending unit kit w/o fuel line adapter (built after 3-1-10)…….68078219AB
1. Remove the fuel pump module using procedures found in DealerConnect>TechConnect>14-Fuel System>Fuel Delivery, Gas>Module, Fuel Pump>Removal>Front Wheel Drive. NOTE: Mark the sending unit at the 4 o’clock position with 12 o’clock pointing to the rear of the vehicle.
2. Remove the fuel pump sending unit from the pump module.
3. Install the new sender to the fuel pump module.
4. Install fuel pump module using procedures found in DealerConnect>TechConnect>14-Fuel System>Fuel Delivery, Gas>Module, Fuel Pump>Installation>Front Wheel Drive. NOTE: Clock the fuel module to the 2 o’clock position.
5. Install the jumper hose kit.
6. Re-connect the battery.
7. Start the engine and check for leaks.
8. Re-install the fuel pump cover.
9. Re-install padding and rear seat bottom.
Chrysler notes that this repair is estimated at 0.6 hours.