Bosch Releases Faster Charging Electric Vehicle Charging Station
Bosch Automotive Service Solutions has introduced its newest 240 volt, level 2 electric vehicle (EV) charging stations: the Power Max 2 and Power Max 2Plus.
The company says the new stations will offer 30-Amp, 7.2kW and 40-Amp, 9.6kW configurations for faster EV charging and use the SAE J1772 connector for use with all standard EVs sold in North America.
Building on the popularity of the original Power Max, the Power Max 2 is sleeker and more compact offers significantly higher output power and is designed to minimize installation costs. The Power Max 2Plus additionally features Wi-Fi connectivity to accommodate a variety of control and monitoring applications.
“The original Power Max has been a great Article for us, having been selected by several OEMs as their station of and performing as the market volume leader in multiple sales channels,” says Jeff Hudnut, Article manager. “The second generation is even more powerful with additional features to provide a greater value for our full spectrum of customers.”
In addition to being more powerful and compact, the Power Max 2 and Power Max 2Plus charging stations feature:
- USB data storage and Wi-Fi connectivity on Power Max 2Plus;
- hardwired or plug-in installation configurations;
- front access to station electronics for easier, faster installation;
- LEDs indicating charging status and station power;
- on/off switch for zero energy consumption;
- thermal protection for vehicle, station and connection;
- generous 18- or 25-foot cable lengths; and
- weather-resistant NEMA 3R rating for outdoor installation.
The Bosch Power Max 2 and Power Max 2Plus are now available, and pricing starts at $674.00 USD for the Power Max 2 30A/18-foot cable version.
For more information on the Power Max 2 and Power Max 2Plus and other Bosch charging stations and installation services, visit www.BoschEVSolutions.com.