Amsoil Reformulates European Car Formula 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
Amsoil Inc. has reformulated its European Car Formula 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil to further meet the lubrication needs of modern European gasoline and diesel cars and light trucks.
A new name goes along with the new formulation: Amsoil European Car Formula 5W-30 Improved Emission System Protection Synthetic Motor Oil.
The company says the new formulation provides outstanding performance and protection for high-performance vehicles made by Volkswagen, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche and more.
In addition to those previously offered, the new formulation now meets the following performance specifications:
* Chrysler MS-11106 (Eco Diesel);
* ACEA C3; and
* GM dexos2 (Diesel).
Amsoil European Car Formula 5W-30 Improved Emission System Protection Synthetic Motor Oil meets strict ACEA and VW HT/HS requirements, according to the company. Its mid-sulfated ash, phosphorus and sulfur (SAPS) formulation promotes optimum emissions system performance and life, resulting in reduced maintenance costs. Friction modifiers and the lighter 5W-30 viscosity reduce friction for increased energy through-put to maximize fuel economy.
The new formulation also:
* provides excellent deposit control and outstanding wear protection for gasoline- and diesel-fueled engines;
* is formulated to stay in grade throughout the extended drain intervals recommended by European automakers;
* is thermally stable to keep oil passages clean and promote fluid circulation so turbo bearings stay cool and lubricated;
* provides enhanced turbocharger protection in all temperature extremes, while its thermal stability withstands high-temperature/high-rpm breakdown; and
* has a low pour point to protect turbochargers against oil starvation and ensure rapid oil pressure in sub-zero conditions.
The company recommends Amsoil European Car Formula 5W-30 Improved Emission System Protection Synthetic Motor Oil for gasoline or diesel vehicles requiring any of the following performance specifications:
- API SN
- Chrysler MS-11106 (Eco Diesel)
- ACEA C3
- GM dexos2 (Diesel)
- VW 504.00/507.00
- Mercedes-Benz 229.51
- BMW LL-04
- Porsche C30
For more information about Amsoil synthetic lubricants and performance Articles, visit www.amsoil.com, contact an Amsoil distributor, or call (715) 392-7101 or 1-800-777-8491.