Federal-Mogul expands line of low-copper brake pads to more vehicles
Federal-Mogul Corp. has introduced its Wagner ThermoQuiet CeramicNXT brake pads featuring 2021-compliant low-copper friction technology for 2014 Mazda 6 passenger cars and several other late-model foreign nameplate and domestic applications.
The company says the brake pads feature a highly advanced Wagner OE21 low-copper friction formulation that is 35% quieter and offers 15% more stopping power and up to 40% greater fade resistance than previous Wagner formulations.
The following new Wagner ThermoQuiet CeramicNXT pad sets are now available through leading replacement parts distributors:
* QC1411: Chevrolet Express 3500 (2009-2012), front; Express 4500 (2009-2011), front; Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD (2011-2013), front; Silverado 2500 HD (2011-2013), front and rear; GMC Savana 3500 (2009-2012), front; Savana 4500 (2009-2011), front; GMC Sierra 3500 HD (2011-2013), front; and Sierra 2500 HD (2011-2013), front and rear;
* QC1649: Infiniti JX35 (2013), front;
* QC1650: Nissan Altima (2013), front;
* QC1711: Mazda 6 (2014), front; and
* QC1719: Chrysler Town & Country Touring (2012-2014), rear; Dodge Caravan (2012-2014), rear.
The company says Wagner ThermoQuiet CeramicNXT brake pads with OE21 technology are the aftermarket’s first full-line offering of certified 2021-compliant low-copper formulations. Recent legislation in California and Washington state mandates that copper content be reduced to less than 5% (“Low Copper”) by 2021 and less than 0.5% (“Zero Copper”) by 2025.
“Wagner OE21 formulations deliver the best overall friction performance ever offered in a Wagner ThermoQuiet pad,” says Christopher Battershell, director, braking, North America, Federal-Mogul Vehicle Components segment.
To learn more about Wagner ThermoQuiet CeramicNXT brake pads with OE21 low-copper technology as well as the latest low-copper legislation, visit www.WagnerBrake.com.