Drew Technologies Adds J2534 Programming for European Vehicles
The second generation of the Remote Assist Program (RAP) kit from Drew Technologies Inc. includes J2534 module programming for European vehicles.
New features in the RAP 2 kit are:
- Windows tablet PC;
- An additional hard drive to allow for future expansion as new OEs are added;
- The same J2534 device found in the original RAP kit;
- 4G modem for fast wireless internet access;
- Subscription to Diagnostic Network;
- OEM subscriptions; and
- A 90–amp battery maintainer capable of handling European amperage requirements.
The company notes a European Accessory Kit may be required in order to program European vehicles. Programming European vehicles can pass large amounts of data over the internet. Drew Technologies is making a Euro Accessory Kit available to RAP 2 customers who service BMW and Mercedes-Benz vehicles to provide a faster connection that is more stable and reliable while programming.
The Euro Accessory Kit contains:
- 100-foot ethernet cable and ethernet/usb adapter
- OBDII/ethernet cable (BMW only)
- Replacement pins
- Instruction guide
New customers ordering a RAP 2 kit need to add the Euro Accessory Kit to their order.
Existing RAP 2 customers can order their Euro Accessory Kit online. There is no charge for the kit, but there is a $20 shipping charge.
For details, visit www.drewtech.com/RAP/index.html