IPA Unveils Electric Brake Force Meter for 7-Spade Equipped Vehicles
The new #9107A Electric Brake Force Meter with dynamic load simulation and circuit testing (patents pending) from Innovative Articles of America Inc. (IPA) is designed for use on 7-spade equipped vehicles.
IPA says this new technology automatically recognizes the electronic signature of both integrated (ITBC) and aftermarket trailer brake controllers, simulates trailer load and displays real-time, brake-controller output gain and application time.
The Electric Brake Force Meter can quickly troubleshoot truck-side tow circuits, e.g., tail lights, turn signals, 12V+, reverse and ground condition and the 25-foot cable allows for one-person, in-cab testing.
The Electric Brake Force Meter:
- quickly troubleshoot electrical circuits and ground condition;
- displays real-time, brake-controller output gain and timing;
- is for use with aftermarket and integrated brake controllers;
- is microprocessor controlled; simulates trailer brake loads;
- the 25-foot cable allows one-man, in-cab testing of brake controller and all truck-side tow circuits, e.g., tail lights, turn signals, electric brakes, etc.; and
- verifies that the vehicle’s adaptive (speed/load sensitive) brake-controller output is functioning properly.
Multiple patents are pending for the Electric Brake Force Meter, which is assembled in the USA from global components.
The #9107A supersedes the #9107. IPA says customers who purchased the #9107 may require the available Update Module #9106.
For more information, visit www.ipatools.com.