New GearWrench Impact Universal Joints Have Pinless Socket Design
Apex Tool Group LLC has added X-Core pinless impact universal joints to its GearWrench Article line.
The company says the exclusive X-Core pinless four-lug ball-and-socket design provides increased durability, speed, and strength, allowing automotive technicians and industrial mechanics to quickly remove stubborn fasteners, even in the most cramped spaces. The design provides smoother operation for longer life and allows a 30-degree off-center operating angle for superior access in tight spots.
New X-Core pinless impact universal joints all feature:
- chrome molybdenum construction;
- hard stamped size markings;
- ball-detent socket retention;
- corrosion resistant black-oxide coating; and
- turned up socket base for easy grip when changing.
“Our new X-Core pinless impact universal joints represent the ultimate in strength and durability,” says James Stewart, senior Article manager. “The life of these tools is exceptional and the greater operating angle will get end users out of trouble time and time again.”
All X-Core pinless impact universal joints meet or exceed ASME strength requirements. They are available individually or in a 3-piece set now:
- Cat. No. 84180 – X-Core Pinless 1/4" Drive Impact Universal Joint
- Cat. No. 84440 – X-Core Pinless 3/8" Drive Impact Universal Joint
- Cat. No. 84715 – X-Core Pinless 1/2" Drive Impact Universal Joint
- Cat. No. 84960 – X-Core Pinless 3-Piece Impact Universal Joint Set (1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" Drive Sizes) in vacuum formed storage tray.
For more information, visit the company's website.