New Charging Platform From Midtronics Supports Networked Applications
The new MCC-070 Controlled Charger from Midtronics Inc. is designed to be an economical, easy-to-use charging solution with easy-to-integrate wireless capabilities.
The company says the MCC-070 Controlled Charger offers safe controlled charging to quickly service different battery types (regular lead-acid, AGM, EFB, Li-ion), app-driven charging routines, and wireless connectivity to support tracking and management of battery service data and automated software updates.
The MCC charging platform integrates seamlessly with other compatible Midtronics battery service equipment and the cloud-based Midtronics Battery Management Information System (BMIS) via the MX Gateway to support advanced battery management solutions for OEM dealership shops and aftermarket retail service garages. The MCC-070 is also functional as a standalone Article.
“The battery charging Article category is beginning to revolve around the connected shop," says Lance Losinski, Midtronics Platform Manager, Chargers and Networking.
“With the MX Gateway network, wireless capabilities are easily integrated to connect chargers to other Midtronics equipment, as well as the cloud, to create a dedicated and integrated shop system. You don’t need an IT Department to help you get it up and running – you enjoy reliable connectivity with turn on and go instant networking.”
The MCC includes several features designed to promote an optimal user experience, including apps-based charging designed to help users get more consistent results and a streamlined user interface that helps make the MCC-070 easy to learn and use with minimal training.
Vehicle information can be shared through BMIS to the MCC from battery testing completed on Midtronics devices, including the CVG-3 Convergence Module, to help define accurate charging data (voltage Ah, current, etc.), reduce user error, improve charging speed, and provide service tracking abilities. Charging session data is then stored in BMIS for reference for future battery service events.
“All new Midtronics Articles under development share common user interface architecture and integrate with each other and the cloud to promote seamless battery service solutions,” says Losinski. “Connected equipment allows technicians to share information between tools, maintain detailed vehicle service records, and keep equipment current with the latest algorithms as new battery chemistries and technologies emerge."
Key features of the MCC-070 Controlled Charger include:
- An economical, easy-to-use charging solution that doesn’t require technicians to be battery or charger experts
- Seamless integration with Midtronics equipment and data system in an advanced battery management solution; also functional as a standalone Article
- Charges batteries quickly, including new AGM and EFB models
- Pre-programmed applications tailored to your battery management program
- Streamlined interface simplifies charging applications
- Offers reflash support, quick fill and full charging capabilities
- Provides on demand current and constant clean voltage to the vehicle battery for the extended period of time required to update the vehicle computer software
- Selectable voltage levels from 11 – 16 VDC (.1 VDC)
For more information, visit the company’s website.