ACDelco enhances fuel modules
ACDelco has made several enhancements to select GM OE service fuel modules, affecting 85 part numbers.
The fuel module enhancements, which do not affect fit, form or function, include:
* Pump changes from a Gerotor pump to a generation 4 turbine pump for quieter operation and improved durability.
* Module plastic changes to a more fuel-resistant Acetyl plastic for improved tolerance to high-alcohol fuels.
* Guide rods reduced from three to two to retain proper alignment and reduce pinching.
* Jet pump added to help maintain fuel in the reservoir.
* The external strainer moves inside the fuel module to reduce the risk of puncture.
* Float material is more fuel resistant for a longer life.
* Some float arms and pivot points will change, but fuel level sensor output will not.
Customers will receive a special notice in each fuel module box explaining the enhancements.
For information on ACDelco GM OE service fuel modules, see the company’s website at www.acdelco.com.