Ford Overhauls Motorcraft Product Line's Inventory and Pricing
Ford Motor Co. is streamlining inventory and reducing prices in its Motorcraft product line. The product actions are scheduled for the third quarter of 2016 and are designed to help shops and suppliers.
To date, the company has reduced pricing on nearly 4,000 parts, which amounts to a 20% price reduction across active Motorcraft parts.
Additionally, the company is streamlining several Motorcraft product lines to provide the same coverage with less inventory, and in some cases adding Motorcraft products to meet the needs of aging vehicles.
“Our third-quarter product actions are the result of careful analysis of our entire product line and valuable feedback from shops and suppliers who use our parts,” says Marc Liskey, North America repair product planning acceleration product launch manager.
“Price reductions coupled with new, more simplified product lines will result in easier stocking, more efficient inventories, greater product availability and higher customer satisfaction across the board for Ford, Lincoln and Mercury owners.”
The product actions will result in expanded Motorcraft product coverage, easier stocking and parts that are priced competitively with other aftermarket options. Details on product actions to date follow.
- Brake pads – Motorcraft will offer new brake pads and rotors to expand its existing line of high-quality brake products. Motorcraft will continue to provide OE parts for new model applications and in addition, Motorcraft is now offering high-quality later-life cycle vehicle focused products for owners looking for a high-quality alternative.
- Oxygen sensors – Motorcraft has launched a new universal Oxygen Sensor that consolidates 24 OE part numbers into a single item that services hundreds of Ford, Lincoln and Mercury applications.
- Remanufactured alternators – Motorcraft has expanded the product lineup with competitively priced, OE design reman alternators, providing coverage for most Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles.
- Remanufactured electronic power assist steering (EPAS) – Launched to provide a cost-effective alternative to new replacement units, Motorcraft reman EPAS provide OE quality with the latest technology updates at a competitive price point.
- Radiators – This part line is being newly offered under the Motorcraft brand and has been designed and tested to meet stringent Ford engineering standards.
- Power steering hoses – New to Motorcraft, this line of power steering parts for turnkey repairs replicates OE and provides a direct replacement for a perfect fit and easy installation.
- Shocks/struts – This consolidated line features 400 fewer SKUs, resulting in a 45 percent reduction in out-of-warranty application. Motorcraft shocks are the only shocks that meet OE specifications for fit, form, function and durability, and will now be compatible with identical parts on different model years.
“This inventory overhaul will make it much easier for shops and suppliers to offer Motorcraft parts for every Ford, Lincoln and Mercury repair,” says Liskey.
“Through price reductions and a more straightforward product lineup, we can ensure Motorcraft parts are competitive while still preserving the same quality and fit that is the hallmark of the Motorcraft brand. That’s a win for everyone.”
Motorcraft product actions will continue into the fourth quarter and beyond, with a steady rollout of price reductions and inventory changes to benefit dealers/distributors, shops and consumers. In the future, Motorcraft will continue to evolve to ensure product lines offer high quality, competitively priced parts that are readily available.
All parts will come with Motorcraft’s two-year/unlimited mileage warranty. Motorcraft will also continue to offer its technical hotline to support dealers, shops and distributors.
For more information, visit www.motorcraft.com.