Ram Mirror Bind
This bulletin applies to 2017-2018 Ram 1500 and 2500 trucks. The outside driver door power mirror may bind or click at pivot points.
The driver’s side mirror may actuate slowly or binds at pivot when folding the mirror. The mirror actuator may continue to run after reaching detent when folding open.
1. Verify binding by checking with a feeler gauge to ensure that there is at least a 0.010-inch (.25mm) gap at the pivot.
2. If the gap is less than specified, remove and replace the mirror assembly.
3. If the gap is within specification, the mirror must be actuated closed and open again.
4. Install a battery charger to maintain battery voltage between 13.2 and 13.5 volts during diagnosis.
5. When the mirror reaches the open detent position, listen to determine whether or not the actuator motor continues to run/click.
6. If the actuator motor continues to run, replace the mirror assembly.
Refer to the detailed service procedures available in DealerCONNECT>TechCONNECT under: Service Info>23-Body/Exterior/Mirror, Outside Rearview/Removal and Installation.