Revised Nissan Code Service
This bulletin applies to 2017-2018 Nissan Altima and 2017-2019 Sentra, Versa Note, Rogue, Murano, Armada, Frontier, Titan and NV models. Diagnosis for DTCs P0171 (fuel system lean B1) and P0174 (fuel system lean B2) have been revised.
1. Turn the ignition switch OFF and wait for at least 10 seconds.
2. Turn the ignition ON.
3. Turn the ignition switch OFF again and wait at least 10 seconds. Confirm that battery voltage is 11 volts or more at idle before performing DTC confirmation.
4. Clear the mixture ratio self-learning value:
a. Connect the CONSULT PC and plus VI to the vehicle.
b. Open CONSULT-III plus (C-111 plus).
c. Start the engine and warm to normal operating temperature.
d. Go to WORK SUPPORT and then select SELF-LEARNING CONT.
e. Clear mixture ratio self-learning value by selecting CLEAR.
5. Turn the ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
6. Turn the ignition switch ON.
7. Turn the ignition switch OFF again and wait at least 10 seconds.
8. Start the engine and keep engine speed between 3500 and 4000 RPM for 1 minute under no load.
9. Let the engine idle for 1 minute.
10. Keep engine speed between 2500 and 3000 RPM for 20 minutes.
11. Check for 1st trip DTC. If P2096, P2097, P2098 or P2099 is stored, replace the corresponding A/F sensor. If no DTCs are stored, continue with the diagnosis in the ESM for P0171/P0174 excluding the A/F sensor.