Multiple Voltage Issues
This bulletin applies to 2016 and 2017 Honda Odyssey vehicles . While driving, the customer may experience flickering interior/exterior lights, multiple indicators coming on, jerky steering and/or other voltage-related fluctuations. The B+ sensing screw on the alternator may not be torqued properly.
This requires removing the rear alternator cover to gain access to the screw.
1. Disconnect and isolate the negative cable with the battery sensor from the battery.
2. Remove the front bulkhead cover if applicable.
3. Remove the #4 spark plug ignition coil to provide better access.
4. Disconnect the alternator connector.
5. Remove the three nuts that secure the rear alternator cover using an 8 mm wrench and remove the cover.
6. Torque the B+ sensing screw with a stubby Phillips #2 screwdriver, to 1.5 ft.-lbs. (2 Nm). Due to space limitations, technicians may need to torque with an extension and a ¼ swivel with a #2 Phillips head bit. Do not over-torque this screw!
7. Install the rear alternator cover and torque the screws to 3.3 ft.-lbs. (4 Nm).
8. Connect the negative cable and the battery sensor to the negative battery post.
9. Before returning the vehicle to the customer, perform a DTC check and clear DTCs for all systems.