ACDelco releases CONNECTION parts ordering system
ACDelco’s CONNECTION, which replaces WIP, is an online parts catalog and stand-alone ordering system for parts sales that also incorporates the latest trade news, business information and an opportunity to share trade tips with peers.
“Staying a step ahead in today’s rapidly changing eCommerce world saves our customers time and money – the two big enablers of any successful independent service center,” says Stephen Sigg, ACDelco eBusiness manager.
ACDelco CONNECTION is Web-based, so no software is needed. It offers these capabilities:
* Access to ACDelco’s nearly 90,000 parts across 37 product lines for GM brands as well as Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Honda and most other vehicles on the road today, along with other products that an ACDelco supplier stocks
* When users log in to ACDelco CONNECTION at www.acdelcoconnect.com, the site includes a news hub and video command center geared specifically to the trade. Topics include service and repair information, industry trends, business tips and more
* The ACDelco Community, located within the CONNECTION, allows professionals to communicate with peers to share best practices. First-time users must sign up online, but once registered, can access the Community through a home desktop/laptop or via mobile
* As the industry gravitates to smartphones, the Mobile/Handheld site with VIN scanning allows parts lookup in three separate sections for maximum efficiency: Stock Check, Catalog and Place Order. The new site means technicians can order parts without leaving the service bay, saving time and money.
* CONNECTON Training (found under Tools) gives new users short videos that describe how to use the various CONNECTION features. Quick Reference Guides provide a high-level overview of featured products, and a Feedback button gives users an opportunity to request additional topics
* Personalization for direct accounts, including custom skin changes and local inventory tracking, as well as a Promotion Code to target a one-time event such as training or a trade show
* The ACDelco CONNECTION will still feature ACDelco Specialty Catalogs: Illustrated, Battery, Pigtail, MDHS Filter and Chemical. Recent enhancements in the Illustrated Catalog adds RPO (regular production order) codes and ACDelco Professional, ACDelco Advantage, and Specialty line aftermarket auto parts listings. It also features system illustrations from GM engineering data for GM brand vehicles from 1992 to the present
* Integration with Shop Management Systems including RO Writer, Mitchell 1, GEM-CAR, and Protractor, with plans to add more.
For more information, see www.acdelco.com.