Jag F-Type Reprogram
This bulletin applies to 2015-2016 Jaguar F-Type vehicles. The MIL may be illuminated and DTC P068A-00 may be stored in the PCM. DTC index actions may be unable to resolve the concern. This may be due to a PCM software error causing a CPU response time error during the vehicle shutdown procedure.
The PCM must be reprogrammed using SRO 86.99.13. A Jaguar/Land Rover approved Midtronics battery power supply must be connected to the vehicle battery during diagnosis/module programming. Ensure that all ignition ON/OFF requests are carried out. The Jaguar/Land Rover approved diagnostic tool must be loaded with DVD 144.05 v.229 or later.
1. Turn the ignition ON (engine not running).
2. Connect the Jaguar/Land Rover approved diagnostic tool to the vehicle and begin a new session.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts, allowing the tool to read the VIN and identify the vehicle and initiating the data collect sequence.
4. Select “Diagnosis” from the session type screen.
5. Select the “Selected Symptoms” tab and then select “Electrical – Instruments – Warning lamps – Engine malfunction lamp – Lamp illuminated.”
6. Select “continue.”
7. Select the “Recommendations” tab and then select “Run” to perform the Configure existing module – powertrain control module option.
8. Follow all on-screen instructions to complete this task, making sure that all DTCs are cleared.
9. Exit the current session.
10. Disconnect the diagnostic tool and battery power supply from the vehicle.