Mitchell 1 Releases 2020 Emission Control Application Guide
Mitchell 1 is offering its 2020 Emission Control Application Guide (ECAT20) for domestic and import cars, light trucks, vans (diesel engines) and Class “A” motor homes with gasoline engines, model years 1966 - 2020.
"Mitchell 1’s Emission Control Application Guide has become the go-to resource for auto repair shops that do smog testing," says Nick DiVerde, senior marketing director, Mitchell 1. “With its vehicle-specific emission system information, the guide is an excellent companion to use in combination with the online auto repair information in ProDemand to help shops stay in compliance with state emission standards.”
Specific content features in the 2020 edition include:
- Emission application tables
- Engine displacement conversion charts
- Emission control visual inspection procedures
- Approximately 40 years of domestic and imported basic ignition timing specifications
- 1980-2019 maintenance reminder light reset procedures
- The latest EPA emission recall bulletins
- I/M areas that require ignition timing and EGR function testing
- Quick reference listing for major systems, devices and components
There’s also a standardized emission control abbreviation list for:
- 1966-2020 domestic cars, light trucks, and vans (gasoline engines)
- 1968-2020 imported cars, light trucks, and vans (gasoline engines)
- 1966-2020 medium and heavy duty domestic trucks (gasoline engines)
- Class “A” motor homes (gasoline engines)
- 1984-2020 domestic + import cars, light trucks and vans (diesel engines)
“As engine controls become more intertwined with other vehicle systems, the 2020 Mitchell 1 Emission Control Application Guide can help automotive repair shops cut through the complexity to work more efficiently,” says DiVerde.
To order a copy of the 2020 Emission Control Application Guide, call (888) 724-6742. For more information about Mitchell 1, visit www.mitchell1.com or locate an independent sales consultant at www.mitchellrep.com.