Jaguar Vehicles Need Identification for DPF
This bulletin applies to 2020 Jaguar F-PACE, XE and XF vehicles equipped with a diesel engine. PATHFINDER may not display the application “Diesel particulate filter replacement.” The cause: The vehicle is not being correctly identified as being equipped with a DPF. As a result, the relevant application is not being displayed.
The workaround will load a software file to the Jaguar Land Rover Approved Diagnostic Equipment using the Manual Patch Update process. The Manual Patch will stay on the JLR Approved Diagnostic Equipment.
- Restart the JLR Approved Diagnostic Equipment.
- Select the “Manual Patch” icon on the application launcher screen. Make sure that both Symptom Driven Diagnostics (SDD) and PATHFINDER are closed before opening the Manual Patch downloader.
- A pop-up will be displayed for Manual Patch downloader.
- Enter MP_PF_R0070 in the Patch name field.
- Select Start.
- The Manual Patch downloader will then download the manual patch.
- When the patch download has completed, a message will be displayed, asking the user to confirm that the application can run the manual patch. Select YES.
- Start a new diagnostic session.
- Complete the required “Diesel Particulate Filter Replacement” application.
- Close the session.