Honda Battery Sensor
This bulletin applies to 2015 and 2016 Honda Fit vehicles. The charging system indicator may be on, with DTC P154A (battery sensor internal failure) stored. In this case, the battery sensor has an internal failure and must be replaced. Replacement are available as P/N 38920-T5A-A02.
- Turn the ignition to the ON position.
- Clear the DTC with the HDS and wait 5 seconds, and verify that the DTC has been cleared.
- Turn the ignition to OFF.
- Disconnect the 12-volt battery sensor 3P connector.
- Measure the voltage between test points 1 and 2.
- If battery voltage is present, make sure the ignition is in the OFF position and disconnect the connector.
- Remove the 12-volt battery sensor from the battery. To protect the sensor connector from damage, do not hold it when removing the terminal.
- Remove the terminal from the battery sensor.
- Install the new battery sensor to the battery. Make sure the areas between the negative terminal and the battery sensor are clean.
- Connect the connector. Apply multi-purpose grease to the terminals to prevent corrosion.