Poor range for keyless entry
This TSB applies to 2008-2013 Chevrolet Impala vehicles. Customers may complain that the remote keyless entry (RKE) and/or remote vehicle start (RVS) has poor range (not activating at a reasonable distance from the vehicle).
If you run into this complaint, remove the driver’s side A-pillar trim and see if the RKE/RVS coax cable is in the position shown in Figure A here. If the coax cable is in the position shown in Figure A, follow the steps listed here:
- Cut off a piece of electrical tape roughly one inch long.
- Locate the two plastic clips near the IP that attach the coax antenna to the A-pillar sheet metal.
- With one hand, move the antenna that is between those two clips and pull it down so that the antenna is routed on top of the metal clip that is bolted to the A-pillar. If possible, pull it under the bolt head that secures the metal clip to the A-pillar. See Figure B.
- With your other hand, secure the antenna in this position with the electrical tape.
- Reinstall the A-pillar trim and activate a button on the key fob to confirm function. If this does not resolve the poor range complaint, check the key fob battery.