Infiniti cold start DTC
This TSB applies to the 2009 Infiniti FX50 equipped with the VK50 engine. If the vehicle has a MIL on with DTC P1421 (cold start control) stored in the ECM and there are no drivability issues, it may be necessary to reprogram the ECM.
- Connect C-III to the vehicle to begin the reprogramming procedure.
- When you get to the ECM Reprogramming screen shown in Figure 1, confirm that this bulletin applies as follows:
- On your C-III screen, look at the part number column. If this column is blank (no part number listed), this bulletin does not apply. Close C-III and refer to ASIST for further diagnostic information. If a part number is listed, write it on the repair order.
- Compare the part number that you wrote down to the numbers in the Current ECM Part Number column in Table A. If there is a match, this bulletin applies. Continue with reprogramming. If there are two programming options on the C-III screen, use the one that does not have the message “Caution! Use ONLY with ITBXX-XXX.” If there is not a match, this bulletin does not apply.
Vehicle configuration; FX50 with VK50 engine Current ECM part Number
Intelligent cruise control….Equipped w/ V-rated tires (1)…….23710-1CV0A, 23710-1CV0B
Intelligent cruise control…Equipped w/ W-rated tires (2)…....23710-1CV1A, 23710-1CV1B
Conventional cruise control..w/ V-rated tires (1)……………...23710-1CA9A, 23710-1CA9B
Conventional cruise control..w/W-rated tires (2)……………...23710-1CA7A, 23710-1CA7B
(1) Original factory-equipped Bridgestone V-rated tires
(2) Original factory-equipped Dunlop W-rated tires
- If this bulletin applies and you have performed ECM reprogramming, when reprogramming is complete the screen in Figure 2 appears.
- Be sure to erase DTCs from all systems.
- Test drive the vehicle for proper operation and confirm that the check engine light is off. If the check engine light illuminates, diagnose, perform repairs and erase DTCs.