Honda EVAP MIL
This TSB applies to all 2006-2011 Honda Civic models except Si and GX. The MIL may be on with DTC P2422 (EVAP canister vent shut valve stuck closed). The probable cause is spider webs clogging the EVAP canister vent tube.
Honda recommends replacing the EVAP canister vent tube to correct the condition.
2006 models require P/N 17744-SNA-A10. 2007-2001 models require P/N 17744-SNA-A01.
- Raise the vehicle on a lift, remove the EVAP canister cover and locate both ends of the EVAP canister vent tube.
- Detach the vent tube mounting clips and disconnect the vent tube from the EVAP canister and the fitting on the body.
- Remove the left front fuel tank support strap bolt and loosen the rear bolt.
- Remove the original EVAP canister vent tube and install the replacement.
- Reinstall the left front fuel tank support strap bolt and torque all strap bolts to 28 ft.-lbs.
- Connect the vent tube to the EVAP canister and the fitting on the body. Secure the vent tube with the mounting clips and reinstall the EVAP canister cover.
- Clear the DTC with the HDS, and then run the EVAP system function test to verify.