No 4-wheel-drive 4Runner
Customers may complain that a 2006 Toyota 4Runner won’t engage 4-wheel-drive. The problem may be the transfer case vacuum actuator. A new part number is available for replacement as P/N 41400-35032.
The actuator is located on the front of the transfer case.
- Remove the engine under cover assembly and sub-assembly.
- Remove the front differential drain plug and drain the differential oil.
- Remove the front propeller shaft assembly (driveshaft).
- Remove the bolt and separate the front differential breather tube bracket.
- Support the front differential with a jack.
- Remove the No. 1 front differential mount nut.
- Remove the two front mounting bolts and nuts.
- Disconnect the actuator hose and connector.
- Lower the jack and remove the differential vacuum actuator assembly (secured with four bolts).
- Installation is the reverse order of removal.