Mazda stuck in park
Some 2007 Mazda B-Series vehicles may exhibit difficulty shifting out of Park with the brake pedal engaged. Reorienting and reinstallation of the push rod will allow proper operation of the shift interlock.
- Verify the customer concern.
- Record radio presets.
- Disconnect the battery.
- Remove the push rod cotter pin cover and the cotter pin.
- Remove the stoplamp switch and push rod bushing from the brake booster push rod and the brake pedal assembly.
- Remove the brake booster push rod from the brake pedal and rotate it 180-degrees (1/2 turn) from its original position, then reinstall it. It helps to first place a matchmark on the push rod before rotating it.
- Install the push rod bushing. Note: The push rod bushing should be on the outboard side of the push rod (factory-original location).
- Install the stoplamp switch.
- Install the cotter pin and cover.
- Reconnect the battery.
- Verify the repair.
- Enter the radio presets.