Ram Steering Angle
This bulletin applies to 2007 Ram 1500/2500 vehicles equipped with a 6.7L engine and involves diagnosis and possible replacement of the steering angle sensor. This applies to vehicles equipped with the electronic stability system and built prior to Oct. 3, 2006.
The customer may experience an illumination on the instrument cluster of the “ABS” and/or the “ESP/BAS” warning lights. DTC C1240 may be present (steering angle sensor over travel performance).
1. Perform the diagnostic test procedure for DTC C1240. This procedure can be found on TechCONNECT. Select the SERVICE INFO tab > 5 – BRAKES > 5-BRAKES ELECTRICAL DIAGNOSTICS > ABS – EBC 340/445ESP AWAL > DIAGNOSIS and TESTING > c1240 – Steering Angle Sensor Over Travel Performance.
2. If the diagnostic test procedure for DTC C1240 determines that the steering angle sensor is at fault, perform the repair procedure. The steering angle sensor is available as P/N 05082062AG.
Before starting the procedure, be certain that the front wheels are in the straight-ahead position.
1. Replace the steering column clockspring.
2. Clear offsets by initializing the ABS ECU using StarSCAN.
3. Perform the ABS VERIFICATION TEST. This test can be found in: 5 – BRAKES > 5- STANDARD PROCEDURE > ABS VERIFICATION TEST.