Some 2012-2013 Ford Focus vehicles built on or before 2-6-2013 may exhibit an inoperative IPC on engine startup.
1. Connect the vehicle battery to a battery charger.
2. Connect IDS (Integrated Diagnostic System) and ensure that the USB connection is secure.
3. Is the vehicle currently exhibiting an inoperative IPC?
- Yes: restore IPC to normal operation by removing fuse number 69 from the body control module for 1 minute and then reinstall the fuse.
- No: Proceed to Step 4
4. Reprogram the IPC to the latest calibration using IDS release 85.02 and higher.