Jeep Radio Glitch
This bulletin applies to 2010 Jeep Liberty vehicles. The customer may complain that the radio will not change stations or frequency intermittently changes. The only function that remains is volume control.
1. Insert the key and turn the ignition to the ON position. Turn the radio on.
2. Insert the update disc (P/N 68069569AA) into the radio.
3. The radio will read the contents of the disc and will prompt the user to select YES or NO. This may take a few minutes.
4. If the current radio software number is the same as the update software number, no further action is required. Skip to Step 7.
5. If the current radio software number is lower than the update software number, select YES. The radio will perform the update without any further user input. Once the update has begun, do not turn the vehicle off and do not touch the radio.
6. Several different screens will appear during the update process which may take about 5-12 minutes. Once the update is complete, the radio will return to the normal user screens. Wait for the radio to re-read the disc.
7. The current radio software number should now match the update CD software number. If this is correct, select NO to return the radio to the normal user screens.
8. Eject the disc, close the radio screen and remove the key from the ignition switch.