SEMA reports election results for board of directors
In July, Doug Evans, executive vice president of Luken Communications, will begin serving as chairman of the board of directors for the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA). Wade Kawasaki, president of the Coker Group, has been elected the chairman-elect for the 2015–2017 term. Nate Shelton, chief marketing officer, Driven Performance Brands, is immediate-past chairman/secretary:
Newly elected SEMA board volunteers are Susan Carpenter of JR Products, Laurel Dasher of Powerteq and Dan Kahn of Kahn Media Inc. Jim Bingham of Winner’s Circle Speed & Custom Inc. and Nick Gramelspacher of Meyer Distributing were re-elected and will serve another term.
SEMA also elected to its 2015-2016 board of directors:
- Greg Adler – CEO, Transamerican Auto Parts
- Jeff Bates – partner, Bob Cook Sales
- Jim Bingham – president and CEO, Winner’s Circle Speed & Custom Inc.
- Susan Carpenter – President, JR Products
- Laurel Dasher – northeast sales manager, Powerteq
- Kyle Fickler – director of business development, Aeromotive Inc.
- Nick Gramelspacher – vice president sales & marketing, Meyer Distributing
- Dan Kahn – president, Kahn Media Inc.
- Tim Martin – chief operations officer, K&N Engineering
- Tim Watts – president, Superlift Suspension
John Johnson of The Spartan Group will continue to serve as treasurer, and Russ Deane of Trainum, Snowdon & Deane continues as general counsel.
The newly elected SEMA board of directors will be recognized during the SEMA Installation Gala, Friday, July 24, at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles. Also during the banquet, outgoing board members Scooter Brothers of COMP Performance Group, Luanne Brown of eTool Developers, John Hotchkis of Hotchkis Performance LLC and Russell Stephens of MSD Performance, will be recognized and honored for their service and contributions to the industry. The event also will feature a special tribute to the 2015 SEMA Hall of Fame Inductees—Joel Ayres, Jim Bingham and Dennis Gage.
For more information, visit www.sema.org.