Start planning now for National Car Care Month
With National Car Care Month in April quickly approaching, there is no better time to put a proactive plan in place to convince your customers to invest in their vehicles to keep them running better and longer, reports the Car Care Council.
“With gas prices this low, motorists have a few more dollars in their pockets to spend on essentials, like vehicle service and repair, making National Car Care Month the perfect time to reach out to current customers and potential new ones,” says Rich White, executive director. “Having a proper plan in place is essential and the Car Care Council can help.”
The non-profit Car Care Council has an assortment of promotional tools designed to help you take advantage of the opportunities that National Car Care Month can create, including:
* Host a car care event in your community. Visit www.carcare.org/industry-participants/host-an-event to list your event or clinic at no charge on the Car Care Council’s website and Facebook page. Inexpensive to conduct, car care events are a valuable opportunity to raise awareness of your business in the community, while growing your bottom line at the same time. When registering an event you can request up to 100 inspection forms free of charge.
* Suggest your customers visit www.carcare.org/car-care-guide to view the newly designed digital Car Care Guide and order a free print copy for their glove box. Available in English and Spanish, the guide can be purchased in bulk to hand out to customers by visiting the council’s Industry Tool Box.
* Get one of the council’s newly updated point-of-sale kits containing banners, mirror danglers, posters, handouts and other items to help auto care businesses celebrate National Car Care Month.
* Recommend that your customers check out the Car Care Council’s free service schedules at www.carcare.org/car-care-service-schedules and sign up for the customized service schedule with e-mail reminders.
* Print out car care tips at http://www.carcare.org/car-care-resource/car-care-tips/ and leave them out for customers to read while they are in a waiting room or standing at the counter. Car care tips are also easy to share across all social media platforms.
The Car Care Council is the source of information for the “Be Car Care Aware” consumer education campaign promoting the benefits of regular vehicle care, maintenance and repair to consumers. For a free copy of the council’s Car Care Guide or for more information, visit www.carcare.org.